We currently have open positions in the following homes:
The Poldhu and Trevaylor Manor.
Senior Nurse in Ponsandane Nursing Home
We are looking to recruit a Senior Nurse for Ponsandane Nursing Home. This position is new to the home and therefore, the ideal candidate must be a registered Nurse and have experience in a similar role.
Ponsandane is set on the seafront of Penzance with ease of access from both private and public transport, Ponsandane provides high quality nursing, residential and respite care for the elderly.
As a values based care provider, we are seeking a candidate who is committed to the provision of the highest standards of person centred care, with inspirational leadership skills and whose vocation is making a difference every day to the lives of the individuals we are privileged to care for.
Salary range of £38,584 to £44,137.60 per annum working 40 hours per week. The shifts would include 2 x 12.5 hour shifts working on the floor and 2 x 7.5 hour shifts working alongside the Home Manager and Deputy Manager.
About the role
To support the Head of Care with the management of the Home, with a particular emphasis on clinical nursing leadership, to ensure that an excellent standard of resident care is set, delivered and maintained at all times.
To have day to day responsibility for the management and allocation of duties to all nursing and care staff.
To work as a skilled member of the nursing team to provide a high standard of holistic resident centred care.
Coordinate care and delivery to ensure the efficient running of the Care Home, whilst being supported by the Head of Care.
- To undertake initial assessments of potential residents and work in partnership with the resident, family/friends/advocates; advising on procedures relevant to admissions and any changes that may occur throughout the residents stay, ensuring that risks are identified and managed and care is evidence based to meet the needs of the residents.
- Formulate and update residents’ care plans with the participation and consent of the resident, or their representative to ensure that the agreed outcomes are met.
- Liaise with all professionals using their expertise to promote the optimum patient experience. To ensure effective collaboration and communication with the wider multidisciplinary team and outside agencies, acting as the residents advocate as necessary. Gain consent and involve the resident in all decisions regarding their care.
- Provide a high standard of direct nursing care to residents, based on the assessment, planning, evaluation and implementation of the individual resident’s care plan.
- To supervise and monitor care practices, to ensure the consistent provision of the highest quality of care to residents in a timely manner according to the residents individual care plan
- To ensure care is delivered in a manner sensitive to the individual residents’ needs and wishes, acknowledging and respecting their confidentiality rights and beliefs at all times.
- To undertake all appropriate aspects of nursing care required including advanced clinical skills as required following appropriate training.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Jamie Harrison on 01872 278197 or via email at email@example.com
Alternatively please complete the application of interest form.
WINNERS OF THE OUTSTANDING CARE AWARDS – EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR 2019
Can you make a positive difference to the lives of our residents every day?
Swallowcourt are seeking dedicated Registered Nurses across our Elder Care Homes who are prepared to go all out in ensuring that our residents receive the very best standard of care.
With a culture of dignity, respect and compassion, we are seeking staff who are looking for more than the 9-5, people who can recognise that each one of our residents is unique and understand that no two days will ever be the same.
Our mission is to enable the individuals we support to enjoy a quality lifestyle in beautiful environments. We pride ourselves on the professionalism, talent and diversity of our teams.
Swallowcourt recently won the Outstanding Care Awards – Employer of the Year and offer the following benefits;
- You will be supported by a very experienced team, therefore you don’t necessarily need experience to work with us!! We pride ourselves on our learning and development opportunities for all.
- We provide homely and delicious food for our residents- so we provide the same for our staff and you will always get a free meal whilst your working a shift.
- We understand our employees have busy lives and don’t expect you to work more than your contracted hours – but if you do want to do extra, this could be paid at time and a quarter, subject to policy.
- We know it’s not always the most fun to work weekends – so we will pay you 70p more an hour on shifts started on Saturday and Sunday.
- You will get double pay on bank holidays
- You will be set up a pension in line with government initiative.
- We will also sign you up the Simply Health Cash Plan so you can get you money back towards all sorts of appointments from opticians and dentists to acupuncture and chiropractic. That’s not even the best bit, you can choose to extend the cover to your family members if you want to, subject to qualifying period.
- We want all our team to be rewarded for the great work they do. We therefore offer all staff Perkbox! This provides access to discounts on everyday things and more specialist things, for example high street retail discounts, free mobile phone insurance (correct as of 05/04/19). There are several health and wellbeing resources available. Perkbox is available to all staff as soon as you start induction!
- Competitive rates of pay – £14.63 – £17.55 (£28,528.50-£34,222.50 basic) on a 37.5 hour contract based on knowledge, skills and experience
- Night enhancement rate of £3.12 per hour
- Paid lunch breaks
- We will offer a commitment to further your knowledge and skills through our dedicated training team and a chance to progress with formal qualifications (subject to policy)
- An enhanced DBS check will be required (Free! subject to probation)
- The opportunity to leave work at the end of every shift knowing you have made a difference!
Please contact Fiona Freeman, HR Assistant for more information firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01872 278197