We currently have open positions in the following homes:
Senior Nurse in Ponsandane Nursing Home
We are looking to recruit a Senior Nurse for Ponsandane Nursing Home. This position is new to the home and therefore, the ideal candidate must be a registered Nurse and have experience in a similar role.
Ponsandane is set on the seafront of Penzance with ease of access from both private and public transport, Ponsandane provides high quality nursing, residential and respite care for the elderly.
As a values based care provider, we are seeking a candidate who is committed to the provision of the highest standards of person centred care, with inspirational leadership skills and whose vocation is making a difference every day to the lives of the individuals we are privileged to care for.
Salary range of £38,584 to £44,137.60 per annum working 40 hours per week. The shifts would include 2 x 12.5 hour shifts working on the floor and 2 x 7.5 hour shifts working alongside the Home Manager and Deputy Manager.
About the role
To support the Head of Care with the management of the Home, with a particular emphasis on clinical nursing leadership, to ensure that an excellent standard of resident care is set, delivered and maintained at all times.
To have day to day responsibility for the management and allocation of duties to all nursing and care staff.
To work as a skilled member of the nursing team to provide a high standard of holistic resident centred care.
Coordinate care and delivery to ensure the efficient running of the Care Home, whilst being supported by the Head of Care.
- To undertake initial assessments of potential residents and work in partnership with the resident, family/friends/advocates; advising on procedures relevant to admissions and any changes that may occur throughout the residents stay, ensuring that risks are identified and managed and care is evidence based to meet the needs of the residents.
- Formulate and update residents’ care plans with the participation and consent of the resident, or their representative to ensure that the agreed outcomes are met.
- Liaise with all professionals using their expertise to promote the optimum patient experience. To ensure effective collaboration and communication with the wider multidisciplinary team and outside agencies, acting as the residents advocate as necessary. Gain consent and involve the resident in all decisions regarding their care.
- Provide a high standard of direct nursing care to residents, based on the assessment, planning, evaluation and implementation of the individual resident’s care plan.
- To supervise and monitor care practices, to ensure the consistent provision of the highest quality of care to residents in a timely manner according to the residents individual care plan
- To ensure care is delivered in a manner sensitive to the individual residents’ needs and wishes, acknowledging and respecting their confidentiality rights and beliefs at all times.
- To undertake all appropriate aspects of nursing care required including advanced clinical skills as required following appropriate training.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Jamie Harrison on 01872 278197 or via email at email@example.com
Alternatively please complete the application of interest form.
Clinical Lead – Elder Care in Ponsandane
Position: Clinical Lead
Responsible to: Registered Manager
As a registered nurse with a NMC Registration you have to adhere to your NMC Code of Conduct with regards to Prioritise people, practise effectively, preserve safety and promote professionalism and trust.
To be responsibility for the provision of clinical leadership
To coordinate and oversee clinical activities and the clinical team members, including the Nursing and Specialist Care teams
To ensure compassionate, effective, and efficient delivery of high-quality clinical care for residents.
Focus of the role is on the day to day delivery of excellence in quality care provision, ensuring all clinical governance and compliance targets are met, as well as supporting the Registered Manager and Clinical Deputy Manager.
Promote Positive Team Culture and Team Working
- To provide effective leadership in ensuring that nursing standards and practices is in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council, Care Quality Commission, Swallowcourt Policies and Local Clinical Regulations
- To take responsibility for the personal development and education of the nursing and Specialists Teams.
- To advise all nursing and specialist care staff on clinical matters and provide leadership in demonstrating high standards of holistic care whilst ensuring that best practice is applied.
- Ensure that the team members are actively encouraged to regularly take part in clinical and care supervisions (either in group or individual or shared learning format). This to inform, implement and cascade knowledge to promote best practice and aid their personal development.
- To attend Organisational Clinical Meetings and promote cross home working with fellow senior clinicians from other homes.
Communication and Relationship Skills
- To manage challenging situations in a sensitive way to reduce anxieties and promote effective resolutions.
- To act as a positive role model for all staff
- Encouraging meaningful engagement with residents and carers
- To monitor and facilitate best practise and shared learning sessions.
- To take the lead on Quality Audits with delegation to team members and for taking responsibility for the completions of all actions on a monthly basis.
- To lead with the Clinical Deputy Manager on all clinical systems and processes within the home.
- Provide support in the ordering, storing, administration, dispensing and disposal of medications in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council, Care Quality Commission and the company’s policies and procedures.
- To undertake initial assessment of potential residents and advising on the admission process, ensuring that risks are identified and managed and care is evidence based.
- To liaise with residents, families and to liaise with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that the best possible care and outcomes are achieved with our residents. To include formal care reviews.
- Ensure that the appropriate external agencies are informed at the earliest opportunity when a resident’s needs change and a reassessment is required and to involve family members concerning all aspects of resident care as appropriate.
- To complete fee and clinical justifications and work with the Clinical Matron on reviewing care fees.
- To complete clinical investigations and reports as requested by the Registered manager.
- To be responsible for your own professional self-regulation and abide by the legal requirements and statutory rules relating to clinical practices.
- To assist with the completion of clinical and care competencies from the Swallowcourt Competency Framework.
- To represent the home on local forums, PCN Meetings and involvement with the Enhanced Health in Care Homes Project.
- To lead on the implementation of clinical pathways in the home.
- To be fully aware of agreed emergency procedures and be prepared to take the lead role in acute clinically and non-clinically emergencies.
- In the absence of the Registered Manager and deputy Manager to maintain operations within the home so that the home is run effectively and efficiently including sharing on-call responsibilities as required.
- To support the home with emergency shift cover within reason and take part in the On-Call Roster for the home, with other senior staff.
- Any other duties as reasonably expected.
In line with Health and Safety Policy the job holder is expected to:
- Take reasonable care of his/her own health, safety and welfare and that of other people who may be affected by his/her actions or omissions.
- To comply with health and safety law and Health and safety Policies and Procedures.
- Not to misuse or interfere with, intentionally or recklessly, anything provided in the interests of safety.
The job holder is also expected to:
- Act in an honest, responsible and respectful manner to others.
- Be responsible for their own professional conduct & development.
- Comply everywhere and in all circumstances with the laws and regulations connected with their activities.
- Comply with our obligations to our key stakeholders.
To attend mandatory training as required.
|NMC registration – Part 1||E|
|Experience nursing older people||D|
|Experience with staff supervision||D|
|Evidence of Continual Professional Development||E|
WINNERS OF THE OUTSTANDING CARE AWARDS – EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR 2019
Can you make a positive difference to the lives of our residents every day?
Swallowcourt are seeking dedicated Registered Nurses across our Elder Care Homes who are prepared to go all out in ensuring that our residents receive the very best standard of care.
With a culture of dignity, respect and compassion, we are seeking staff who are looking for more than the 9-5, people who can recognise that each one of our residents is unique and understand that no two days will ever be the same.
Our mission is to enable the individuals we support to enjoy a quality lifestyle in beautiful environments. We pride ourselves on the professionalism, talent and diversity of our teams.
Swallowcourt recently won the Outstanding Care Awards – Employer of the Year and offer the following benefits;
- You will be supported by a very experienced team, therefore you don’t necessarily need experience to work with us!! We pride ourselves on our learning and development opportunities for all.
- We provide homely and delicious food for our residents- so we provide the same for our staff and you will always get a free meal whilst your working a shift.
- We understand our employees have busy lives and don’t expect you to work more than your contracted hours – but if you do want to do extra, this could be paid at time and a quarter, subject to policy.
- We know it’s not always the most fun to work weekends – so we will pay you 70p more an hour on shifts started on Saturday and Sunday.
- You will get double pay on bank holidays
- You will be set up a pension in line with government initiative.
- We will also sign you up the Simply Health Cash Plan so you can get you money back towards all sorts of appointments from opticians and dentists to acupuncture and chiropractic. That’s not even the best bit, you can choose to extend the cover to your family members if you want to, subject to qualifying period.
- We want all our team to be rewarded for the great work they do. We therefore offer all staff Perkbox! This provides access to discounts on everyday things and more specialist things, for example high street retail discounts, free mobile phone insurance (correct as of 05/04/19). There are several health and wellbeing resources available. Perkbox is available to all staff as soon as you start induction!
- Competitive rates of pay – £14.63 – £17.55 (£28,528.50-£34,222.50 basic) on a 37.5 hour contract based on knowledge, skills and experience
- Night enhancement rate of £3.12 per hour
- Paid lunch breaks
- We will offer a commitment to further your knowledge and skills through our dedicated training team and a chance to progress with formal qualifications (subject to policy)
- An enhanced DBS check will be required (Free! subject to probation)
- The opportunity to leave work at the end of every shift knowing you have made a difference!
Please contact Fiona Freeman, HR Assistant for more information firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01872 278197