The guidance identifies that one person should be the nominated visitor if more than one person wishes to take on this role please try and resolve this among friends and family first before involving the staff at the home.
In person visits can only take place when there are no COVID-19 positive residents present in the home and/or the home is not closed due to an outbreak.
We are now able to support in-person visits with the administration of Lateral Flow Device (LFD), however this comes with some requirements of the visitor and an impact on our staffing:
* Visitors are required to wear a mask on approaching the home to collect a test
* The swabs (of the nose and throat) need to be completed by the visitor
* The consent to process the test needs to be completed and handed to the member of staff along with the swab for processing (again please wear your mask)
* The visitor will then need to remain in their car/or outside waiting are for 30 minutes for the result
* If the test comes back positive (showing you have COVID-19) you will be asked to complete a further swab and return home to isolate for 10 days
* If the test is inconclusive you will be asked to complete one further test (if you have time to wait)
* If the test is negative the visit may continue with personal protective equipment (PPE) provided
* You will be asked to register the result of the test on the gov.uk website (a device will be provided for those who are unable to complete this on their own smartphone.)
* Visitors then need to wear full PPE (mask and visor) during the visit to comply with guidance on Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) measures
* If you are unable to complete a test or do not wish to take one please discuss this before attending the home. Failure to complete the test on the day will result in the visit needing to be cancelled.
* All face to face visits will be supervised to ensure that social distancing and PPE use is maintained, failure to wear PPE or maintain social distancing will result in the visit being cancelled
These rules are not set by us and will take a considerable effort on the part of our staff to implement. Your patience is appreciated and where there are issues please do not take these up with the staff but report these to the management team for resolution. Our staff are incredibly hardworking and dedicated and we have a zero-tolerance of aggressive/confrontational behaviour towards them.
We also ask that you have consideration for other relatives and loved ones when booking your visits, to ensure that as many residents as possible have the opportunity to receive in-person visits.